Friday, August 18, 2017

The Maze Runner Book Review (Ruben Cababat)

 “Just follow me like your life depends on it.
Because it does”James Dashner, The Maze Runner
 "The Maze Runner" by James Dashner is a 2009 dystopian scientific fiction novel about a teenager who is put in an encampment at the centre of a bizarre and terrible maze finding ways to get out. Dasner's intention for writing the book was for an audience Young Adults in 2011. It was written for kids ages 12 and older, the age range reflects readability and necessarily content appropriateness. This Book Review will evaluate my personal opinion about my likes and dislikes about how the author sequenced the events in the story.
 
The story starts when the doors of the lift crank open, the only thing Thomas, the protagonist, can remember is his first name, surrounded by boys who welcome to the glade, an encampment at the centre of bizarre and terrible maze. Like Thomas, the Gladers don’t know why they came to be there, or what’s happened to the world outside. All they know is that every morning when the walls slides back, they will risk everything to find out.  

I can say that although depending in running just to survive in such death maze is somewhat a common concept on stories about to live or die games stories; still it really gives me a booming effect of the overall story. Issues such as fear of unknown mistrust, interactivity, and facing problems that may result to suicide is greatly seen to the millennial because of readability and necessarily content appropriateness in deciding is greatly felt.

From the introduction to the rising action to the falling action really gives the tensions that experience by the gladers inside the glade; the conflicts between man vs. man, man vs. society, man vs. nature and man vs. self was greatly portrayed from the words in the novel that makes me imagine the story interesting. The actions that are presented in the novel was greatly pertain by the author interestingly.

In addition, the story’s events as the story goes by raised the intense level as I’ve read it from informative introduction that lets me  get in to the story and the next event that raised me up but then leaves me in the air as it ended up a not so good resolution.
   Overall, I’d appreciated the story as it is really deserve another novel to continue the story. The word choice used in the novel are rare for me ,for they made some words but still can be understandable as how it is used and sometimes as it is define in the story. Moreover, I still assess this book as a very nice book but a bad ending. Still, the book really attracts the interest of the readers to read it for it is a nice quality book that is worth to read and had a moral lesson that can be implemented to teenagers. If I’ll rate the book, I will give 8/10 for its nice flow of events and nice applied styles that unleashes the thought of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment